Cheerleading (duh!!)

Anything goes in here - no bad language or abuse though please!

Moderators: Nic, Chris

CometPrincess

Cheerleading (duh!!)

Post by CometPrincess »

Hi
I basically just wanted to meet some other UK cheerleaders over the net. i am fairly new to the sport, I have been cheering for less than a year, but I am now vice captain of my squad. We are based in Bristol and all of us are pretty unexperienced, especially at stunts and tumbling etc. (we're pretty good at the yelling part!!) We cheer for our university American Football team, which we LOVE, but before I leave next summer, I'd really like the squad to start doing some more complex things. Hopefully then the squad will just get better and better!! If anybody knows of how we can do some kind of workshop or if they know any coach from near by who might like to help us, please could you let me know?

The other thing I was wondering if anybody knew about was squads that I could join after university. I am hoping to go to America next summer, but then I'll have to come back and get a job :( !! I expect I'll be based around london somewhere, so if anyone knows of any squads around there that will help me learn and don't have try outs (I don't think I'm good enough to make it through tryouts) could you let me know please!!

Oh yeah, and there's also the uniform thing. Where is the best place to get reasonably priced cheerleader skirts from?

Please get in touch even if you just want to chat, I really want to get in touch with as many cheerleaders as possible!!

Lucy
:lol:
Chris
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Chris »

I have passed your message onto Nicola, the squad coach and she should be on here soon to reply to you - things have been a bit busy at the moment with the UK championships (where we are at the moment actually) so give it a couple of days and you should hear something from her
Chris
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Chris »

I've reminded her again as she's been on holiday too - you should get something back from her very soon :)
disco_babe_77

can i help?

Post by disco_babe_77 »

Hi Lucy,

my name's Emma, & I used to coach the Ashton Angels (Bristol City F.C) up until just after Loughborough 2002.

I'm not currently coaching cheerleading, & would love to get involved with another squad, although on a 'helping out' basis, rather than anything permanent.

(i'm gonna be moving to near London later this year & will start my own squads there!))

Check out the Loughborough video 2002, & if you like the sort of thing that my junior & senior squads did in the dance comp, then i might be able to help?

PS: is becky your coach?

cheers! em xxx