How to join??

Anything goes in here - no bad language or abuse though please!

Moderators: Nic, Chris

danielle

How to join??

Post by danielle »

hi everyone, just wondered if i could have some advice on how to get involved in a cheerleading squad. Ive never done cheerleading before but i woould love to give it a go and would be really interested. Do you need any specific experience? is there an age limit? do u have to be under a certain age to start? How much would it cost? Just all the general stuff basically, if anyone could answer any of these questions or has any other information about it i would appreciate it.....thanks
Danielle
x
dance like no-ones watching!!
Chris
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Chris »

If you post what area you're in, you may well get someone from a local squad see and contact you. Alternatively, if you look on the British Cheerleading Associaltion's (BCA) website which is at http://www.cheerleading.org.uk then they have a list of UK registered squads and will be able to put you in touch with a squad near you. Previous experience is not necessary and any squad will provide you with training starting with the very basics. Cost varys between squads, but it's normally only a few pounds per training session. There are no age limits either.
jade123

Re: How to join??

Post by jade123 »

Each squad is different, the squad I am in, AAA Tigers is based in Sunderland (North East) and you need no experience to start. There is no age limits, it is never too old to start cheerleading. Our sessions cost £18 a month.
Deffo find a squad and start, you won't regret it, best sport ever :)