help me find a cheerleading group near me!!!

Anything goes in here - no bad language or abuse though please!

Moderators: Nic, Chris

kerrianne

help me find a cheerleading group near me!!!

Post by kerrianne »

hiya, my names kerri and im 22, ive done majorettes for 5 years but left as i got too old for it!! im now really really wanting to get into cheerleading! i have serched internet for any groups near me and cant find any!!!! help!! i live in ipswich but am willing to travel a little bit, but not too much, kerri xxx
Chris
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Chris »

The BCA website should be able to help - you can find a list of squads near you from here: http://cheerleading.org.uk/handbook/mapuk.htm
joey

Cheer try-outs for over 18's!

Post by joey »

Hi Kerry.

If you are also a tumbler, please see our information below for Jan 07 try-outs.
If you are not a tumbler, but would still like to be considered for the squad, please fill out a pro forma on our website and we will inform you when our next open tryouts take place (usually August/September time): www.thelondoncitystars.com

Joey
Head Coach, The London City Stars cheerleading squad

Calling all advanced tumblers and male athletes

The London City Stars Co-ed Cheerleading Squad needs you!

2007/8 Squad Tryouts
Wednesday 9 January, 7.30pm
Central London

Male athletes
No previous cheerleading experience necessary
To learn group and partner stunt skills

Advanced tumblers
Back-handspring level and upwards
Flyers with aerial tumbling skills (back-tuck baskets, kick fulls etc)

Please email joey@thelondoncitystars.com by Friday 4 January 2008 to register your interest and for further information.
(Please state your name, age and skills level in your email)

The London City Stars is a competitive, over-18, co-ed All Star squad. The squad trains every Wednesday evening in central London. Please visit www.thelondoncitystars.com for more information.
Ina

New cheerleading squad near Norwich

Post by Ina »

Hello Kerri

We are setting up a new cheerleading squad near Norwich (Attleborough) if you are still looking for somewhere not too far from Ipswich to cheer. It will be run in conjunction with a new gym (The Norfolk Academy of Gymnastics) that is officially being opened on Sunday 6 January 2008.

The senior squad (16 years and over) will be practising Thursdays 7-9pm and will be coached by myself and Sophie, both of us being ICF level 1 qualified coaches. I have previously coached the UEA Angels from 2003-early 2006, Sophie started coaching the UEA Angels around the time when I left and is still coaching them at present.

If you're interested, have a look at the website www.tnag.co.uk (more information on the cheerleading classes will be added soon), pm me or email us at info@tnag.co.uk.

Ina
Jenny

Re: help me find a cheerleading group near me!!!

Post by Jenny »

Hi,

Im not sure if you are still looking for a team, but the East Coast Emeralds Cheerleading Squad is a new team in Norwich. Our senior team is currently made up of girls aged 16 - 29.

If you would like more information please email me at eastcoastemeralds@hotmail.co.uk or contact us through our website at eastcoastemeralds@hotmail.co.uk.

Jenny xXx